Wood sealer is a clear substance designed to work only on wood structures, from decks and siding to pergolas and gazebos. It does not change the color of the wood—rather it preserves the wood in its current condition.
The primary reason why you need this treatment on your deck or wood structure is to repel moisture. You require a wood sealer that seeps fully into the wood rather than sitting on the surface.
Yes, because it preserves wood for longer periods of time.
Professional deck sealer is much better than DIY options for several reasons.
- It saves you time. Rather than taking several hours or even days out of your weekend, you can focus on more important tasks. The right professional wood sealing doesn’t need to be reapplied. Seal Smart’s product is a one-time application that lasts 25 years.
- It saves you money. A professional wood sealer saves you money in a few ways. First, you only need to apply it once rather than every two or three years. Second, it preserves your wood from moisture, rot, and pests, thereby helping your deck to last longer (perhaps decades). Third, you can spend time doing other things with your life while a professional seals your deck.
- The job is done right. Professional wood sealer companies like Seal Smart know how to seal the wood elements of your property, including cleaning your deck and then adding a scientifically formulated product that seeps into the wood rather than covering it. A professional wood sealer fills all of the natural pores in wood, creating a solid, microscopic barrier against moisture and rot.
- Worry-free application. You have peace of mind when it comes to professional sealant work. All it takes is an afternoon, and your investment has the potential to last a lifetime, up to 25 years, as you own your beautiful home.
Professional products can be used on any wood, new or aged, painted or stained. For best results, consider sealing your deck, gazebo, wood siding, or pergola when it’s brand-new or less than a year old. That way, the structures have the potential to last longer.
Professional wood sealant companies like Seal Smart can apply their product at any time of year, so long as the temperature stays above 40 degrees Fahrenheit. We can apply wood sealer in the rain because it actually takes water to activate the product. Bring the rain!
The sooner you seal your deck after installation, the longer it might last because it receives the impenetrable moisture barrier sooner rather than later.
Yes, because it can protect your wood from rot, moisture, and pests with this professional application. Consider using a professional company like ours to make sure you protect your investment for decades.
Your deck may not last as long, and it becomes susceptible to rot from moisture, weather, the elements, and pests. The right kind of wood sealer penetrates the wood up to 8 inches rather than just sitting on top. This takes the right kind of product.
We apply a wood sealer using a multistep process:
- Seal Smart comes out to your property to assess what we can do. We’ll offer you a free quote for our services!
- When our crew first arrives at your property, we prepare the work area by covering up plants, windows, doors, light fixtures, gutters, downspouts, non-wood elements, and any unmovable objects that might be near the deck, pergola, gazebo, and other wood structures we are sealing.
- Our staff cleans the wood structures properly, whether you need sealing for your wood siding, deck, stairs, or more. Cleaning removes dirt, grease, oil, and stains. We use a surface cleaner made for wood, and we’ll pressure wash it afterward to help renew the appearance of the wood before we seal it. Although it may not return to like-new condition, it might look closer to the beauty of natural wood compared to aged or graying wood. We leave the wood wet because our professional product requires water to activate it.
- Then we apply a professional wood sealer that penetrates the wood up to 8 inches. Our staff sprays an even coat of a custom formulation that creates a solid barrier against moisture that keeps the wood newer and fresher for longer periods of time.
- Enjoy your deck for decades to come! After our crew finishes, you can enjoy your deck for decades. We offer a 25-year warranty on wood deck sealer applications.
Professional wood sealers keep out moisture by forming an impenetrable barrier against rain, snow, and humidity.
Moisture in wood may cause the following problems:
- Shrinking or swelling, which may cause structural difficulties.
- Warping, such as curving and loosening of boards.
- Rot, which can cause wood to fall apart.
- Cupping, crowning, or buckling.
- Weakness in the wood, which might lead to broken beams.
- Mold growth, possibly leading to discolorations and stains.
- Infestations of ants and termites because these pests feast on moist wood in the outdoors. A colony of ants or termites might intrude inside your home soon afterward.
- A musty odor from the rotting wood.
Seal Smart’s professional wood sealer is the best product available on the market due to its penetrating properties that seep deep into the wood, creating a barrier against moisture.
Professional applications are better because on-the-shelf options don’t penetrate deep into wood fibers, filling all of the natural pores found in the planks.
Seal Smart’s team can complete professional wood sealing in an afternoon, generally from three to four hours, depending on the size of the project. Do you have more questions? Reach out or give us a call at 1-877-288-6716, and we will be happy to answer any questions.
While you’re here, read some Seal Smart reviews from our satisfied customers.