Seal Smart is a deck sealing company that handles professional wood sealing, concrete sealing, and masonry sealing in the Midwest and South, covering almost two dozen metro areas.
Today’s blog answers frequently asked questions about deck sealing companies.
Yes, absolutely. Our deck sealing solution comes with a 25-year warranty on all wood deck projects our team completes. The 25-year warranty comes with just a single application of our deck sealant (which works for all wood surfaces).
Hiring a professional deck sealing company can cost anywhere from $2 to $3.50 per square foot across the United States. For example, a 16×20 deck might cost $640 to $1,120.
However, there are several mitigating factors that can change the costs of your professional deck sealing.
- Travel to your property. If your professional deck sealing company is in a major city and your property is 20 to 50 miles away, the company may add on costs to account for travel times to your location. This is normal across the industry.
- Local rates. The local rates for professional deck sealing companies vary based on the cost of living in the area. For example, a deck sealing company in New York City might charge more versus in St. Louis. That’s because hiring employees might require higher salaries while supplies could also cost more.
- Condition of your deck. Is your deck in top condition? Is is brand-new? That might reduce your costs because a professional deck sealing company will thoroughly clean your deck before completing our permanent deck sealing.
- Size of the deck. The size of your deck will determine part of your overall costs. A larger deck will mean higher costs overall, but you might have lower costs per square foot.
- Location and height of the deck. Does your deck have multiple levels? How high is it? How many rails, stairs, and other components does it have? There might be more to your deck than meets the eye. These extra items could change the costs of your professional deck sealing project.
Absolutely, and the sooner you get it done the better if you have a brand-new deck.
With a 25-year warranty, a professional deck sealing company can improve the longevity of your deck.
Here are the benefits of having a professional deck sealing company handle this kind of project:
- Saves you time. Rather than spending an entire weekend sealing your deck over two or three days, a professional deck sealing company can take care of an entire deck in less than a day in many cases, depending on the size of your deck.
- Permanently seals your deck once and that’s it. Do-it-yourself deck sealants only last five years at most. And they only cover the top of the wood rather than seeping into it as much as 8 inches. You would have to re-seal your deck five times over the life of your deck versus having a professional deck sealing company perform this task just one single time.
- Prevents moisture intrusions. Moisture is the enemy of your wood deck. It can seep into the wood fibers, causing the deck to rot over time. Your deck could have gaps, mold, and mildew creep onto the wood. Professional deck sealing companies can save you money on the repairs associated with replacing your deck in less than 25 years.
You should ask several questions to the staff of a deck sealing company before hiring one to complete your project.
- How long should the project take? A professional deck sealing company can give you a good estimate as to how long it will take to complete your deck sealing.
- What is your process? Professional deck sealing companies should explain their process in detail before coming out to your property.
- Are you licensed and insured? Your chosen contractor should be licensed and insured to handle the job in case something happens.
- Can you come to my location? Sometimes, professional deck sealing companies don’t travel beyond a certain distance. Make sure you ask how far the company will travel.
- Can I get a free estimate? Always get a free quote or estimate before having a professional deck sealing company start on your project.
Look for a few key signs that indicate a viable professional deck sealing company.
- Reviews and testimonials. Your chosen contractor must have reviews and testimonials from satisfied customers.
- Experience. How long has the professional deck sealing company been around? Ours has been in existence since 2005.
- Photos of projects. You should be able to see photos of successful projects to view what has been done in the past. It will give you an idea of what your property will look like when done.
You can read some of our Seal Smart reviews to see what some of our satisfied customers have to say about us and our professional deck sealing. We have more than 17 years of experience and over 17,000 satisfied customers!